Local Support and Advice
Published: 23 November 2020
We are regularly updating local information on our website and keeping in touch with community organisations, charities, faith groups and statutory authorities to share information about support which is available locally.
The organisations and charities below are working with parishes and the voluntary sector to support communities to respond to the current health emergency. Find out more information from the links and resources below:
- Healthwatch Milton Keynes website - Part of the Local Healthwatch Network, covering all 152 local authorities in England. Healthwatch MK work closely with the national body, Healthwatch England, to put local issues in national perspective. They are the independent champion for people who use health and social care services.
- MK Centre for Integrated Living - 01908 231 344 - MK Centre for Integrated Living provide information and advice on a wide range of disability related subjects and general subjects including mobility, equipment, care, benefits etc.
- Community Action MK - 01908 661 623 - Community Action MK provides support and gives a voice to the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- MK Community Foundation - 01908 690 276 - Supports local charities and community groups. Maximising donations for the future of Milton Keynes.
- Age UK MK - 01908 550 700 - Age UK MK provide support and services for older people, help enable independence & combat loneliness.
- Carers MK - 01908 231 703 - Carers MK supports the health and wellbeing of individuals who are caring for someone who cannot manage without them.
- Crosslinks - Crosslinks is a community based charity, motivated by a desire to help in the regeneration of our local area community in South Bletchley.
- MK Food Bank - 0300 303 4933 or text HELP to 07874 964505 - Food banks help people in the community who may be struggling to pay for food.
- Mind BLMK - 01525 722 225 - Mind BLMK provides mental health support and advice to people in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes.
- The Mix MK: The Mix is an informal, friendly gathering for people affected by mental ill-health.
- Samaritans - 116 123 - Samaritians is a mental health charity, whatever you're going through, you can call any time, from any phone for free.
- Kooth - Online support for young people - An online mental wellbeing community which offers free, safe and anonymous support.
- Citizens Advice MK - 0808 278 7991 - Citizens Advice MK offers free, independent and confidential information and advice on subject including debt, housing, employment and consumer complaints.
- Jo's Hope - 01908 942193 - A local Cancer charity supporting people and raising awareness. Jo's Hope also works with ex-offenders and young people.
Like most organisations, the Town Council has been forced to review and reduce its services in order to follow government advice. We are keeping as much going as possible but please see the different pages on this website for details about our individual services and sources of local information.