This website is run by Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Town Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
- We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details on our contact us page. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.
2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Clerk, Delia Shephard
Post: Sycamore House, Drayton Road, Water Eaton, MK2 3RR
In Person: Monday 09:00-13:00 and Tuesday to Friday 09:00-16:00 at the above address.
Call: 01908 649469
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non- compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
There may be pages with read more / click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)
There may be some pages where HTML isn’t perfectly formed, such as stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards - for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them isn’t available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement.