Skip to main content


Find out more about your councillors, which committees they are on and their contact details.

Town councillors are people who live or work in this area and have been elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its activities. Their job is to represent everyone in their community so when they vote they must consider the best interests of everyone in the community not just the people who voted for them. Councillors have regular contact with the public through their daily lives, through council meetings, attending local events, telephone contact and face to face meetings with residents. Each councillor is elected to one of our 10 wards and you can find out which town council ward you live in by consulting this index of streets.

Councillors may or may not be members of a political party. All our councillors are eligible to receive a basic allowance to enable them to undertake their duties. By law, all councillors are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details of which are published annually. They must also agree to abide by the Town Council's Code of Conduct which focusses on the Nolan Principles for public life.


If you need to complain about an individual town councillor you should contact the Standards Committee at Milton Keynes City Council. The role of the Standards Committee is to carry out an independent process to thoroughly investigate complaints made against town councillors and then advise the town council on any appropriate action. If you feel that any of the town councillor's behaviour does not reflect the principles of the Code of Conduct, please write to:

The Standards Committee

c/o The Monitoring Officer 

Milton Keynes City Council

Civic Offices,

Milton Keynes 

MK9 3EJ 

Milton Keynes City Council's website